• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vinland Saga (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACxS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:11 am Reply with quote
12:

Aww shi*t, now things are finally getting exciting.

So indeed, Canute did want to use Olmar as a scapegoat. But I was a bit surprised that Canute wanted to be more subtle with taking over Ketil's land (by framing his son and arresting him first). I guess Canute has to do it more subtly to ensure the public doesn't paint a bad image of him trying to take over Ketil's land forcefully.

So, it's Team Ketil with Snake and Thorgil as his captains, versus Team Canute with Floki on his side. And of course, there is "Peace, No War" Thorfinn, Einar and Leif caught in the crossfire. This is going to be messy, and I love it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:55 am Reply with quote
@ Harleyquin - yes, I believe the coin flicker was Wulf. The hooded cloak was no doubt to disguise his distinctive forehead scar. And I agree that Thorfinn senses that his vow to renounce violence is about to be challenged and I love how they represented it: Einar and Thorfinn are finishing up their work day as the sun sets. And indeed the sun is setting on the farm as it has existed to date. We see the back of Thorfinn's head and something makes him turn to look at the setting sun. He stares at it, what normally would be a beautiful sight, but his blank look conveys he's not appreciating its scenic value. That stare and the music telegraphs that night is falling and it ain't gonna be fun... (except for us the viewers).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8